Thursday, June 02, 2005

We made it!!!

Hi everyone. Sorry for the long delay between posts. Here is an update:

Marissa and I are now in New Liskeard, Ontario, staying with Chris's dad - Grandpa (Kelly) & Grandma (Nancy) Kramp, and Uncle Dayn. It was Dayn's birthday yesterday, and it is Nancy's birthday today. The flight from Winnipeg to Toronto went really well - they had TV's behind each seat, so Marissa could watch her favourite cartoons, and she enjoyed colouring in her colouring book, and eating the snacks that were given out. It was really nice to that they put a hold on the seat beside me, so we ended up having a whole row to ourselves for a little bit of stretching room. She was pretty tired though, and didn't want me to hold her through the landing, so I tried feeding her lots of gummy bears (to also help with her ears, but they didn't seem to bother her). She ended up falling asleep during the last five minutes of the landing, so I had to ask a stewardess to carry her off the plane for me. I wasn't able to reach down and pick her up off the seat with my carry-on's on me.

As a side note, I was a little anxious about one of my suitcases - that it would be too big. It had taken me two days to pack, and things were really crammed in. I carefully measured it, and it was one inch over the max of 72". I had no idea how much it weighed, but the max was 70lbs. Well, it turned out to be 69lbs when the weighed it at check-in - just made it!

It was about a 7hr drive north from Toronto to get to New Liskeard (including a couple of stops). Nancy picked us up from the airport and drove us. It went very smoothly, and Marissa didn't seem to mind it too much. She slept, sang, and ate Scubas (her favourite cracker)! We did see a moose - but not much else.

My mom's wedding went really well. It ended up raining during the ceremony, so we had the service in the basement of their new house in Stonewall. Marissa did a very good job at being all dolled up throwing the petals when she was supposed to. She was too excited to see her dad though, and didn't have a nap all day, so it was a little tricky getting her to pose for pictures. I will try to post some pictures as soon as I can. The weather cleared up a little while after the ceremony, so we were able to eat outside. The wedding was apparently the talk of the town, and everyone had a good time. Congratulations Lavonda and Vincenso!!!!

During the busy weekend of the wedding, I was staying again with Mike and Kristi - a big thank-you again to both of them for putting up with Marissa and I! Chris had two safe trips - he drove to Winnipeg the Friday night, and drove back to Bloomington the Sunday night. While he was with us, Marissa was totally a daddy's girl!!!

Well, this should do it for now - I will try to post every couple of days now. We will be staying in Ontario until August 31, so hopefully we can set up a new routine and relax a little.

No comments: