Thursday, February 23, 2006

Back to 100%

Marissa is all better now. Thanks to everyone for their prayers. Here are some signs that she is back to her old self:

The other night I was busy making pancakes for supper when I noticed Marissa walk into the kitchen and then leave. All of a sudden things got real quiet. It was dark in the living room, but I could see her sitting on the couch with a big smile on her face. On closer inspection I saw the container of chocolate chips in her lap with the lid ripped off, and she was stuffing chips in her mouth as fast as she could!!!

We put her down to sleep last night, and after singing at least 10 different songs she finally quieted down. Chris remarked on this fact and we heard, "Quit talking Daddy! Shhhh!"

She has been waking up at 6 am, walking into our room and announcing, "I want lunch!!!" (Every meal is called lunch, so if you ask her what she had for lunch she will most likely respond 'cereal!')

She has discovered our card games drawer and now her favourite games include: happy face cards, Dora cards, crib, battleship, poker chips, and monopoly pieces. She will sit quietly for at least an half an hour flipping cards or moving pegs. I tried to teach her how to play Fish and Snap, but her dad taught her 52 pickup and she likes that one best right now. It is impressive how she will put one game away before starting another - for the most part anyway.

When I'm not paying attention she will sneak up on me and give me a zurbert! She is really good at giving those. She is also fond of purple nurples...

Marissa and Chris are out at Chucky Cheese's tonight, so I'll let you know how that goes...

One last cute saying:
(Chris is trying to explain that he is a boy, Marissa is a girl, and mommy is a girl...) "No! Mommy is a ... heffalump!!!
(Thanks Marissa!!!) ;-)

No comments: