Monday, October 23, 2006

Update on the girls...

Yesterday Marissa, Kaitlyn, and I drove to Dauphin with my dad for a visit. The drive went very well - both girls slept most of the way of the 3.5 hour drive. We will be here until Thursday night, and then we will drive back to Winnipeg.

I was able to get the paperwork done for Kaitlyn's passport last Friday. It will be ready for pickup this Friday. Thanks to Jess and Dave for driving us around! ;-) It went pretty smooth except for having to get the pictures redone - thankfully there was a picture place in the basement of the passport office, so we were able to get them done right away. It just took a while for me to wake up Kaitlyn! (Her eyes have to be open in the picture.)

Chris is coming to Winnipeg this weekend, so we will all be going back to Bloomington this Sunday. We are all excited about finally being able to be together as a family!

We girls have been doing pretty well. The public health nurse visited when Kaitlyn was 4 days old, and was amazed that she was already 7lbs. Apparently it is pretty rare for babies to be over their birth weight at 4 days. Kaitlyn is a good eater! Right now Marissa and I follow Kaitlyn's schedule, which means that breakfast and lunch are sometimes late meals, and we might not get showered and dressed until the afternoon - but that's okay. Marissa also enjoys doing pilates with me - she runs around me in circles while I follow the video encouraging me to do all the moves. A couple of times she has asked me to put Kaitlyn down, but other than that we are all getting along just fine.

Last week we all came down with colds too. But that was nice in one respect because Marissa napped more. (ie. I got to have a nap.) On the other hand, Marissa had a bad cough so she kept everyone up at night!

I also went to the Franklin Graham Festival in Winnipeg on Friday night. I pumped a bit so Marissa was able to feed Kaitlyn a bottle. Mom says she really enjoyed this, and had a huge smile on her face she was so proud. Unfortunately I didn't leave near enough milk, so the next couple of hours were not happy ones for Kaitlyn or my mom. (Marissa never drank from a bottle, so I had no idea how much she would need.)

The festival was great though - Paul Brandt was one of the featured acts, and he played "our" song! (Please don't embarrass Chris by asking him which one - he never remembers! ;-) ) The hormones must still be raging though 'cause it made me cry. The stadium was full, the music was awesome, and the message was great too. I went with my sister Jen and we rode a transit bus - something I haven't done in a long time. I can't say it brought back a lot of good memories. ;-)

Anyway, I have some more pictures to post, so look for those soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! You're coming home to Bloomington!! Give me a call when you get back. Fortunately, I never got your present sent out so we will have presents for the girls when they get to Bloomington. I am so excited to see all of you again! Have a safe trip, we will be praying specifically for that. Always know you are in our prayers!

Love,
Kim and the Kelly gang.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel, Chris and girls
Checked out your site yesterday and was glad to see an updated family picture of you guys and Grandma Manweiller on there. Printed it off right away - one for me and one for Mom and dad.

Do you guys want snow or do you have lots? Shovelled three times yesterday so am feeling it today. Could now use a chiropractor!! Like Eric says though, "take it easy - you don't have to shovel everything all at once!" Needless to say though, I am taking it easy today!!

Hope this finds you all well and staying warm. You guys coming out this way for Christmas or is your mom heading there?

Love,
Gwynne