Marissa can be terribly independent at times. :-)
This morning we were getting ready for her morning walk, and I decided she could wear her sandals since it is really warm out again today. So I got them for her and told her she could put them on while I got my shoes on. (She likes to practice this.)
I came out a minute later to check on her and the look of concentration on her face was priceless - she was trying really hard to get those sandals on! I watched for a little bit, trying not to laugh but to encourage her, and asked if I could help.
"NOOOOO"
"But Marissa, don't you want to go for a walk? You need to have shoes on before we can go. Let me help."
"NOOOOO" (as she grabs the sandal away from me)
"Okay, here's the deal. You put this shoe on, and I'll show you how with this one."
I put the sandal on while Marissa watched. Then she tried hers - she actually was able to get it on her foot, put when I touched it to do the buckle she got mad and ripped it off.
Great! Here we go again!!
The good news is I finally convinced her that I should put it on for her, and we had a great walk. She stayed awake (she usually naps halfway through) so I took her out of the stroller and let her walk too. She enjoys stomping on leaves and she looks really cute with her sunglasses on.
Mel
Monday, April 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment