Tuesday, April 05, 2005

"Up, up, up" and "No, no, no"

Today is an exciting day! ;-) Marissa said "up" for the first time today. Every time she said "up" in the past it sounded like "puh". (Up backwards?!?) But this morning she walked up to her stroller, tried to lift a leg up on it and said, clear as a bell, "up". She said this a couple of times before I realized that she was saying it right. So, it's another word to add to her vocabulary, which really seems to be growing more and more each day.

Another thing I wanted to mention, that I think is pretty cute, is how Marissa will warn you before she does something bad. Something she knows she shouldn't do. She will say "no, no, no" and then proceed to do it. Some examples:

"Nooooooo!" - she pulls her barrette out of her hair
"No, no, no!" - she sticks her hand in the garbage and tries to pull something out
"No, no, no!" - she puts her foot on the table
"No!" - she throws her cup on the floor

Needless to say, I know that if I hear "No, no, no" then I need to check out what she's doing! :-)

Chris wrote his PNS (neuroscience) exam this morning, and has two anatomy exams tomorrow. He has been studying like crazy! So far he has been doing really well, and can't wait until next Wednesday when exams will finally be over. I'm supposed to be packing - guess that's all for now...

No comments: